Due to Corona virus pandemia, the groups are now on hold, but will continue normally after the situation calms down. You can apply normally and we will let you know once a suitable Group for you starts.
Career Boost is group peer coaching and meant for highly educated English speaking international talents and immigrants, who are looking for a job in Uusimaa region. To qualify for the Program, the participants need to be registered in the TE-office as unemployed job seekers.
Careerboost Program is designed to support independent job search of job seekers with international background.
In the Group you will learn how to vocalize your competences, how to market your capbilities and know-how, how to make your CV, Cover letter and LinkedIn profile excellent and how to stand out of the crowd.
The group also helps to create and grow a network and to remain motivated during job seeking.
CareerBoost signiﬁcantly enhances your chances to ﬁnd a job or to identify other solutions, such as find further education or to start entrepreneurship. The groups operate in English.
– Each group consists of 7-10 academic participants
– The Group meets once a week for five weeks for 3,5 hrs at a time
– In addition to meetings there are home assignments, which complement the program.
Based on our experiences we know that active effort and input makes the difference, so please be prepared to work hard in this program.
Module I for beginners and those who have little experience in job seeking: documents (CV, application) are in use, but not tuned, no LinkedIn account or not maintained, not using or using just a little social media for job seeking. no pitch talk prepared application period for module I is ongoing.
MODULE I, 5 meetings
Orientation prior to the 1st Meeting. Introduction to the Program and a pre-assignment.
– How to write and vocalize my competences and accomplishments?
– Where to find hidden jobs? My employment plan
– Tips and tricks to an effective CV and LinkedIn-profile. How to build an outstanding job application.
– How to succeed in a job interview. How to create an outstanding personal sales pitch.
– The final assignment and Group coaching with empowering reflection.
Module II for those already experienced in job seeking: documents are well tuned, LinkedIn account is active and profile maintained, pitch talk readily made. In this module the pitch talk needs to be ready, as it is videotaped. Also, you know how to express your know how and competences, you know your values and who you are as a talent.
Application for module II starts around May timeframe
Check out our Module II introduction video
MODULE II 5 meetings
Orientation prior to the first Meeting. Introduction to the Program and greetings from a recruiting professional
– Values affect my decisions. My own talent. What kind of talent is needed now and in the future?
– Personal Meeting with career coach, comments to CV and LinkedIn profile. Application work shop.
– Personal sales pitch to video
– How to utilize networks and social media in job seeking. How to prepare for personal assessment tests.
– Professional branding and communication plan. Group reflection
Project Manager Päivi Korhonen, phone 0400 338677